Sunday, September 9, 2012

How's the weather?

            So, I'm not necessarily going to say what the weather is right now as I write this post; however, if you must know, it is really, really sunny outside! Now, what I really want to talk about is what I do once a week here at Fordham. It all started at the beginning of my first year.  During the annual  club fair students have the opportunity to look around at the many clubs on campus. This was great for me because I did not know what I wanted to do and  I didn't know if I was going to have enough time to do anything. I walked around for quite some time, and noticed a stand where they were filming people live! This stand was the one for Fordham Nightly News or as Fordham students say, 'FNN.' When talking to some students behind that table, I was a little nervous.  They were all seniors with a lot more experience and I had only been in campus for 2 days. Never did I think that I would become part of the team for live broadcasts.

            So, if you haven't guessed by now, I am a weatherman for FNN. Every Friday evening we broadcast live in a professional studio right on campus. In high school, I always wanted to be a part of my morning news show, but I never took the chance. Now, it's so cool to be doing what real meteorologists and anchors do and I know that I will never regret it. Like all clubs, FNN was able to work with me for which day would be best in my schedule. The people I met through FNN  have been hilarious and we always have so much fun.
            Finding a club to join for something fun to do in my spare time was such a relief. Luckily for our students, there are so many club to choose from here at Fordham. So take a minute to look back at your past years in high school; is there anything that you wanted to participate in, but were too afraid or didn't have enough time to do? Here you will get a second chance!

           If you are interested in FNN, be sure to check out Fordham's live broadcasts here, http://www.fordhamfrc.org/videos_embedded.shtml

No comments:

Post a Comment