Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Labor Day so the Rams Will Play


I'm not entirely sure that I'll ever get used to spending Labor Day away from my home at the Jersey Shore, soaking up the sun and the sand, but I can guarantee that each year my holiday and day off will be filled with adventures. This Labor Day was no exception. 

Knowing that we had a long weekend, my friends and I all cleared our Monday schedules, finishing coursework on Sunday and preparing for in advanced for Tuesday's classes. We woke up bright and early (well noon... but not so bad for a day off!), dressed, and headed to the caf where we further plotted the day. The weather, perfect in its transition from summer heat to autumn cool, set the scene for a trip to Central Park. Since it is located just a block from Fordham's Lincoln Center campus, we all hopped on the Ram Van and headed downtown. We spent hours and hours exploring the park deeper, visiting Belvedere castle, the boathouse, the Great Lawn, and many more hidden treasures. 

Following the park, we jumped on the subway for a quick, safe ride to SoHo to check out some bands at one of many free concerts that can be easily found throughout the year. There we danced and mingled until our appetites got the best of us. I, immediately suggesting my favorite dumpling spot in Union Square, grabbed my friends' hands and brought them along for the ride. We ate until we couldn't eat anymore-- a little holiday treat for ourselves on a quickly ending night. 

With one more subway ride my friends and I arrived back at our Lincoln Center campus, got our tickets, and rode the Ram Van back to Rose Hill, where we were greeted by warm beds, sweet dreams, and the memories of Labor Day's adventures to get us through Tuesday's classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment