Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Moodswing360

Having already had the fortune of functioning in three very different internships, I was ecstatic to finally land a position in the field I am interested in pursuing - the music and entertainment industry.
Moodswing360, a music booking and strategic marketing agency, is the company I currently intern with, and I am thoroughly enjoying my experience with this relatively small agency, located in Chelsea.
LMFAO, Dev, Hyper Crush, Das Racist, and Travie McCoy are some of the artists they represent, just to name a few, and as an intern I am responsible for managing these artists calendars, as well as those of our other talent.
As an intern I am also responsible for conducting market research, and creating artist "one sheets" for high many of our profile clients, a unique skill I know will benefit me when applying to other job opportunities in this field.
This month has been particularly busy at Moodswing, as many of our artists are performing at March music festivals such as Winter Music Conference and Ultra in Miami, as well as South by Southwest in Austin.
The internship has also had its perks, as I have had the privilege to attend many of our artist's concerts and various events in the NYC area.
I would highly recommend this company to any Fordham student interested in a career in music or entertainment, and as Communications major and English minor, I think it has broadened my horizons and really helped me realize what it is I would like to do after graduation, which for me is merely months away!

No comments:

Post a Comment