Friday, April 20, 2012

Women's Club Lacrosse

I’ve been on sports teams my entire life. Almost all of my high school memories involve my soccer, lacrosse, or indoor track teams. When looking at colleges, I thought about playing varsity lacrosse. I then realized that playing a varsity college sport is a similar time commitment to that of a full-time job.

It was then that I decided that I would choose my school based on the school itself, not lacrosse. Fordham doesn’t offer a varsity lacrosse team, but it does offer club lacrosse, which I have come to find is the best of both worlds.


Club lacrosse has proven to be the perfect time commitment for me. We practice two to three times a week and have games on weekends. If you have to miss a practice here and there, it’s no problem. We play schools such as Army West Point, Drexel, Northeastern, Stony Brook, Hofstra and more.

 There are so many great aspects of being part of a team. As a freshman, it was a great way to get to know not only other freshman, but upperclassmen as well. Our women’s club lacrosse team does so many team bonding activities that everyone gets to know each other really well. We also do a lot of social events with the men’s lacrosse team, so you get to meet tons of people. We have pasta parties before game days and a big club sports dinner banquet at the end of the year. We’re also going on an overnight trip next year to a tournament out of state.

I love my team so much. All of my best friends are actually teammates of mine. I truly can’t imagine myself playing with any other group of girls at any other college.

4 comments:

  1. Funny, those girls are doing the sorority pose. Really, look at all sorority photos, they always do that pose. From the webmaster of collegebeddingforgirls.net.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear you had so much fun at lacrosse Jones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this Club current? I recently attended an information session for admissions and was told that there was no women's club lacrosse. I am applying for admission and would love to continue playing.

    ReplyDelete