Sunday, April 22, 2012

Starting a New Club on Campus!


Before coming to college, I never dreamed that I would help to start a new club on campus. However, that is exactly what I did during my freshman year. A few seniors came to my freshman residence hall and asked if anyone would be interested in helping them start a chapter of Right to Play on campus. I, being an enthusiastic student who would do anything to become involved on campus, eagerly accepted. Within the year, we became an official Fordham club.

Right to Play is a great international organization that implements sports programs that foster development in poverty stricken and war torn countries. Our job as the Fordham chapter is to increase awareness of the organization on campus and help fund the projects overseas. We host many different programs to help achieve this goal. We have held bake sales at sporting events, volunteered at the huge basketball teams' pep rally, and sponsored March Madness bracket events and viewing parties in the residence halls. This semester, we are working on having our first Right to Play Day, where we plan a day filled with playing and sports so that kids from a local elementary school can come participate.

            I’ve been fortunate enough to be the vice president of Right to Play at Fordham. I’ve met some of my best friends by starting this club, making it one of the most worthwhile things I’ve done at Fordham!

2 comments:

  1. Right to play seems like a great organization. Glad you enjoyed it so much. collegebeddingforgirls.net.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Starting a new club at west point was one of the highlights of my college career.

    ReplyDelete