1. Sotto 13 (pizza and tapas): One of our favorite Italian restaurants in all of NYC! Our personal favorite dishes include the veggie pizza and broccoli rabe orechiette (seen above). Check out their website here!
2. Motorino: Located on the lower east side and known as Rachel Ray and Mario Batali's favorite pizzeria, Motorino has the best personal pies of downtown. My favorites include their famous brussel sprout pizza and their meatball pie. Take a peek at their site!
3. Nobu 57: For all those sushi lovers that are willing to splurge a little for some delicious rolls, Nobu 57 is perfect. It has a really cool vibe, and the sushi is to die for. My favorite would definitely have to be their spicy tuna roll and their mochi for dessert. Check out their website here!
4. Benihana: f you're in the mood for some awesome hibachi or a fun sushi plate, Benihana is most definitely the way to go. It's a super fun experience and the food is amazing. We love their hibachi filet mignon with fried rice, of course. Click here to check them out.
5. Room Service: My favorite Thai place! It's on Columbus Ave and 47th, a pretty nice walk from our LC Campus. They have great drinks, incredible dinners, and the coolest decor -- including this huge chandelier that sits in the middle of the dining room. We love their vegetable dumplings and their pad see euw. Check out their menu or order-in here.
6. El Mitote: Located on the Upper West Side, El Mitote is one of my favorite Mexican places in all of Manhattan! The design of the place is super quaint and fun, and you'll never get tired of the food. Our favorites include their guacamole and their chorizo quesadillas. Check out their Google+ Page here.
7. Rosa Mexicano: Literally right across from Fordham Lincoln Center and a block up, Rosa Mexicano has the best guacamole you'll ever have. It's a staple for us LC folk, and our favorites include the baja fish tacos (see above), chicken quesadillas, and chorizo taco rolls! Take a peek at the experience here.
8. S'MAC: If you're in the mood for some comfort food, we highly recommend S'mac, an all around mac and cheese place. They make and can create any mac and cheese of your liking and their warm meals are perfect for a chilly day. Check out their menu here!