Thursday, November 13, 2014

Broadway Ticket Raffles


One of my favorite parts about living in New York City is getting to see Broadway shows. And each month, Fordham gives students the opportunity to see shows for $20 through the Campus Activities Board ticket raffles.

On the first Monday of every month, CAB invites students to attend the raffle where many tickets to the best upcoming Broadway shows, comedy shows, and New York City sporting events are raffled off. In the past, I have been able to see some of the best New York has to offer, including “Once,” “Cinderella,” “Big Fish,” and even the Radio City Christmas Spectacular.
Before the show! 
Most recently, I got to see “A Gentleman’s Guide to Love and Murder,” the 2014 Tony Award-winner for Best Musical. The show is about a man who discovers that he is a member of a royal family and will stop at nothing to take the crown. It’s one of the funniest musicals I’ve ever seen, and I’m so happy I got to see it for such a little price that is even cheaper than most student discount offers! I was also able to meet the actors afterwards at the stage door, which was really cool.
With the lead actor Bryce Pinkham! 
During the last raffle, I won tickets to “Cabaret,” starring Emma Stone and Alan Cumming, and I’m obviously very excited to see that. CAB’s monthly ticket raffles are just one of the many benefits of being a Fordham student!

Onto the next show!

No comments:

Post a Comment