Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Internship Opportunities through Fordham University

At Fordham University, while learning may begin inside the classroom, it certainly does not end there. One of the most common ways for students to learn beyond their classroom experience is through internships. With New York City as your campus, the opportunities for internships are unparalleled. As seniors, most of my peers have some sort of internship during the year, or have certainly had one in the past. Our location makes it very easy to balance our on campus responsibilities, and our off campus jobs.

Since last May, I have interned at J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. in their Corporate Tax department. As a Public Accounting major, I have always been drawn to taxation, and this internship has placed me right at the heart of the field. Three days a week, I take the Bx12 to the 4 Train, and head all the way downtown to Wall Street. (I could also take the Metro-North for a quicker and more convenient commute, but hey, I’m in college, why not save some money while I can!) As an intern, I have been exposed to so many different areas of tax in five short months, and am anxious to absorb more during my time with the company. Having this internship has allowed me not only to apply what I am learning in the classroom at Fordham, but also to gain practical knowledge in the area that simply cannot be taught in a classroom. I think this is at the crux of what makes Fordham so great. I don’t know many other undergraduates my age that are lucky enough to get such prestigious internships in the greatest city in the world!


For more information on how Fordham can help you begin your career via internships or other professional events, feel free to explore Fordham’s Career Services page.


No comments:

Post a Comment