Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Interning at The Plaza


Getting the chance to work at the corner of 5th Ave and Central Park South was amazing. It was the feeling of being a true New Yorker, commuting in each morning, grabbing the necessary cup of coffee as you run through the door to the office. Well, it was almost like a typical New York experience except that I was working at the Plaza, the legendary New York hotel.

Junior year, I interned at The Plaza hotel working on marketing and PR for the hotel and all of its entities such as the shops, the Food Hall, etc. Developing and presenting marketing plans for the Eloise Shop and the Food Hall was where I spent most of my time. I had never had an internship like this before and was amazed by how much I learned during the semester.

In addition to working on marketing plans, I had the chance to attend events that were going on all around the hotel. It was interesting to get a peak into the world of the full-time employees here. We attended trunk shows at the shops, teas in The Palm Court, and food tastings at the Food Hall. The various events we were able to attend and work on PR for probably was my favorite part of the internship. If you ever have the opportunity, take it. Get the true New Yorker experience by interning in the city at some point in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment