Wednesday, February 22, 2012

My Human Resource Internship at Lacoste

Like many business students at Fordham, I wanted internship experience prior to graduation; I was able to find many internship opportunities through Fordham University's career link portal as well as through job search engines. After putting my resume on the market and attending a few interviews, I was able to attain a spring human resource internship at Lacoste in the city from January through May.

Even though I was studying abroad in Rome at the time (this past fall), I did not have much trouble applying for internships and scheduling phone interviews for the following semester. In fact, Lacoste was extremely patient under the circumstances and I was able to schedule my interview in the city after I returned home.

My internship at Lacoste is for credit and is around a thirteen hour per week commitment. While this can be a little financially difficult, I am gaining valuable work experience that will help me in the long run. My internship allows me to work in all aspects of HR: recruiting, benefits, compensation, and employee relations. I am also making connections with many employees and learning helpful tips for being and remaining successful in this field. These skills will help me gain future internships and hopefully a pay job when I graduate!

No comments:

Post a Comment