Thursday, October 11, 2012

Intramural Sports Leagues at Fordham


Intramural sports are a popular activity among students at Fordham University. There are many different intramural sports on campus to play including soccer, flag football, softball, volleyball, dodgeball, and basketball. There are intramural leagues every season, and each sport typically has one game every week. Check out Fordham's Intramurals page to learn more!

 I've been playing intramural sports since fall of my freshman year. After playing sports throughout high school, I found that I really missed being part of a team. I was able to find the team atmosphere again by putting together an intramural soccer team with my friends. After playing soccer in both the fall and spring last year, we decided to try softball in addition to soccer this season. Softball has been both really fun and a learning experience because I've never had the opportunity to play softball before this year. Intramural sports are a great way to get involved with athletics on campus without a huge time commitment. And you get to hang out with your friends in the process! My soccer team usually has one (non-mandatory!) practice every week during which we scrimmage against each other or just pass the ball around. Practices are really relaxed and fun, but we also look forward to friendly competition during game time! Overall, I’d definitely recommend playing intramural sports because it’s a fun way to stay active and a great way to meet people on campus!

Here's a photo of my intramural soccer team (plus some of our fans!)



No comments:

Post a Comment