Wednesday, February 13, 2013

New York Fashion Week


New York, also known as the fashion capital of the US, celebrates another glamorous fashion week from the 6th to 14th. As an intern with the WWD (Women’s Wear Daily), I gained access to some of the most prestigious shows such as Alexandre Herchcovitch, Michael Bastian, Diane von Furstenberg, Jenny Packham, Alberta Ferretti, J. Mendel, and Reed Krakoff. During the fashion week, I not only get to assist the photographers shooting the runway, front row/celebrity, and/or backstage, but I also did get to see the show myself! As cool as it may sound, it is not for the weak-hearted: you must truly want to be in the fashion industry in order to achieve such tasks as it is very time consuming, as well as energy draining. Although the shows I have attended are 2 or 3 hours apart, there was no time for rest as I acted as a major player in getting these photos uploaded into the website as soon as possible for the readers to see. The true break from work was when I watched the show. Even then, as these shows are truly meant for the fashion industry, I had to watch standing up – although I did manage to get 3rd row seats in the J. Mendel as well as backstage of DvF, Jenny Packham and Alberta Ferretti.

These are some of my favorite looks:
J. Mendel

Reed Krakoff

Rodarte

Now that I have spent a week trying to manage assisting in fashion week while taking all the schoolwork, I am hoping to have a long and relaxing weekend as fashion week moves to Europe (London being it's first stop)!

No comments:

Post a Comment