Saturday, September 14, 2013

LIVE. LAX. LOVE.


After playing lacrosse for five years, I was still not quite ready to give it up when I arrived to college. At Fordham’s club and activities fair my freshman year, I anxiously drifted from table to table until I finally found the Fordham Women’s Club Lacrosse table. Putting my name on their list that day has undoubtedly been beneficial to my Fordham experience.

Club sports offer the opportunity to meet new people, travel to other nearby (and some distant) campuses, and play competitively without the demands of Division I. Carolyn Maddock (FCRH ’14), tri-captain of Fordham Women’s Club Lacrosse, says, “I love playing on the club lacrosse team because it’s not crazy competitive; everyone just wants to have fun. Also, each season we have improved from the last so it’s been great to see the team grow.”

Fordham Women’s Club Lacrosse plays at West Point, April 2012.

Game and practice schedules are coordinated and organized through the efforts of the team’s leaders. Our practices and home games are held on Murphy’s Field, an artificial turf field on campus that overlooks the Botanical Gardens. We also have been fortunate enough to play in many settings outside of the Bronx. Last spring, we traveled to Rhode Island to play New York University in the first round of playoffs.

The club team has allowed me to continue to pursue my interest in lacrosse and play with those who share the same passion for the game. There truly is something for everyone at Fordham, whether it is on or off the field.

No comments:

Post a Comment