Sunday, September 15, 2013

Study Tour to London and Paris with GBHP

On almost all of the college tours and information sessions I attended during my college search process, I kept hearing about each school’s study abroad options. However, I never really listened because I knew that my parents were not in favor of sending me away for a whole semester. I always assumed that my chance to see the world would come after Fordham, but I was wrong!


Shortly after being accepted into Fordham, I found out that I had also been accepted into Fordham’s Global Business Honors Program (GBHP). In addition to demanding strong academic achievement, this program challenges its students to have a global perspective. To achieve this, the students participate in study tours to learn more about business in other countries. 

                                                 Tower Bridge (London)

Last May, the GBHP freshmen went on a study tour of London and Paris for two weeks. While in London and Paris, we met with many businesses to understand in depth how United States business is both similar to and different from business in the United Kingdom and France. Some of the companies we visited with were Mondelez (formerly Kraft Foods), KPMG, Ernst & Young, and Virgin Media. It was fascinating to learn how each business had its own unique ways of doing things. It was especially interesting to see how companies like KPMG and Ernst & Young, which are such well-known companies in the United States, do business in Europe.

 Arc de Triomphe (Paris)

While these meetings definitely took up a good portion of our schedule, we still found time to explore London and Paris. I included some pictures of my favorite spots in London and Paris!

For more information, check out the GBHP website or, feel free to email me at erestaino@fordham.edu!




Versailles (Paris)

No comments:

Post a Comment