Monday, November 11, 2013

How I Saw a Brooklyn Nets Game for $20

There are so many cool things to do in Manhattan, but it's so important to remember that there's more to New York City. As I've gotten older and spent more years at Fordham, I have vowed to explore more of the other boroughs. Most of the time, I do this by eating at a cool restaurant or attending a show, but this past weekend I was able to do it through sports! My Saturday was packed full with sporty activities. It was already a busy day for Fordham football (10-0!) and by that night, I was on the 4 train on my way to Brooklyn. Fordham's own Campus Activities Board holds ticket raffles from time to time that make tons of great opportunities possible for students. These tickets could be to Broadway shows, musical events, or in my case, sporting events. And the best part is that they are offered to students at an extremely discounted rate of $20. Not bad, not bad at all.

I was so impressed with the Barclays Center. It's an
awesome place to see a game!

So, my 4 friends and I went to see the Brooklyn Nets game vs. the Indiana Pacers this past Saturday. I was so excited to see the Barclays Center because I had only seen the outside previously - it was too cool. I was also in my childhood glory because Jason Kidd, former New Jersey Net, is the coach of the now Brooklyn Nets. Not to mention, this past summer contained a major NBA trade that brought former Boston Celtics greats such as Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, and Jason Terry to Brooklyn. It's going to be an exciting season to watch! Thanks to CAB and Fordham, my friends and I were able to feel part of it.


Beyonce and Jay-Z were not in attendance, but that
couldn't stop us from enjoying ourselves!


No comments:

Post a Comment