Monday, December 9, 2013

Weekend Update: Pre-finals Fun!


Hello all, it's Weekend Update time! With finals quickly approaching, many students are feeling the pressure, but that does not stop them from enjoying what might be the last weekend when all of their friends are still at Fordham before going home for break!
Let's check in with a few our contributors for this Monday's Weekend Update. We'll be hearing from Maureen, Alyssa, and Emma - thank you girls!

Maureen
On Saturday afternoon my friends and I ventured into NYC to enjoy some of the holiday sights around the city! We began the day in Bryant Park (just a few blocks from Grand Central) where we walked through the Holiday Shops and enjoyed watching as people lined up to ice skate! We then ventured to Rockefeller Center where we saw the Christmas Tree that was lit this past week! It was a relaxing afternoon to get us into the holiday spirit before we headed back to school to begin studying for final exams!


Alyssa
My friends and I all claim that we make the best pasta sauce, so this past Friday, we decided to settle this once and for all and have a Sauce-Off! Everyone worked hard at putting their culinary skills to the test, and we, along with the taste-testers, enjoyed hanging out and trying all the different sauces. In the end, my sauce (recipe from my great-grandmother from Sicily) came out on top! It was a great way to relax, eat, and spend time with friends before finals.


Lizzy
One great thing about New York is that there is always something to do! This Saturday was no exception, as I was able to travel to three boroughs in one day! First, my roommate and I ate  breakfast a Pete's, a diner located across the street from the Rose Hill campus that serves really good French Toast. That afternoon, I went to see the Fordham Men's basketball team play at Madison Square Garden. Free tickets and Metro Cards were provided for students, which made it really easy to cheer on the Rams at the world's most famous arena! Following the game I travelled with my family to Brooklyn, where we got dinner at my favorite Italian restaurant Vesuvio's, in Bay Ridge. This typical Saturday is something I love about living in New York-there is never a shortage of activities to do or places to see! 



No comments:

Post a Comment