Monday, December 2, 2013

Weekend Update: 'Tis the Season!

Happy December! The weather is getting colder and final exams are approaching, but that can't stop the cheerfulness in the air. It is the holiday season, and last week Fordham students headed home - or stayed in the area - to celebrate Thanksgiving. This is a great time to catch up with your high school friends, do holiday activities with your family, and of course, eat lots of pumpkin pie. Let's check in with a few our contributors for this Monday's Weekend Update. We'll be hearing from Madeline, Jessica, and Emma - thanks guys!

Madeline

Like most Fordham students, I enjoyed a long Thanksgiving weekend home with my family. I took the train home to Connecticut and then spent Thanksgiving day in Long Island visiting family. On Black Friday, I made it back to NYC to celebrate Christmas with the Radio City Rockettes! The show really got me in the holiday spirit but now I have to buckle down for the last week of classes and finals before Christmas break.



Jessica
I spent this past week at home (the first time since August) celebrating the holiday near Cleveland, OH. My weekend focused on football. On Friday, I spent time with some friends from high school, and we watched our alma mater (Kirtland High School) win a playoff game and advance to the state championship round. On Saturday, as I watched Ohio State beat its biggest rival Michigan on TV, I continually checked the score of the Fordham game.


Emma
I went home for Thanksgiving break and enjoyed some holiday preparations with my family! As you can see in the picture, I went to pick out my Christmas tree with my family. We went to a tree farm in Princeton, New Jersey!


Well, there you have it! There's a lot going on at Fordham and at home. Have a good week, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment