Monday, May 5, 2014

Weekend Update

Hello everyone! Happy Monday. This is a busy time at Fordham. This past Thursday would have been our last day of classes, but we had so many snow days this past winter that we added a make-up schedule to the end of the semester. So students are balancing attending their last few courses as well as starting to study for finals, not to mention just doing all of those last things you want to do before leaving for the summer! Check out what some of our students did below.


Deirdre Hynes

Even though most of my weekend was spent studying for finals, my friends & I were able to make the best of it by studying & writing our papers outside Keating on Edward's Parade, where we could enjoy the sunshine and nice weather while still being productive. Plus, it was easy to play a quick game of frisbee when we needed a break! 




Laura Bellows

My friends and I took the D train (a 10-minute walk up Fordham Road from the Rose Hill campus) to Yankee Stadium for a night game. We didn't have to worry about getting out of the game late because Fordham's Ram Van was outside the D train to drive us back down Fordham Road to campus. This off-campus shuttle service is available to all students seven days a week from 10pm-5am and the Ram Van doesn't leave the stop to bring students back to campus until another Ram Van has arrived. It's free too!



Jillian Diehl

On Saturday night, I took advantage of some of the free entertainment you can find on many weekends here on campus. I have friends in both Fordham Experimental Theatre's Improv and Sketch Comedy clubs, so I attended their last show together for the year, which I loved. It was one of their best yet! Then a folk band called the Keating Steps, started by a talented group of friends at Fordham, performed on their designated spot...You guessed it! The steps of Keating Hall, our grandest and most picturesque building on campus. They played a few of their original songs as well as covering a few old favorites, and a good time was had by all. As the rain fell, I felt truly grateful to be surrounded by my awesome friends, with great music, in my favorite place.






No comments:

Post a Comment