Monday, November 9, 2015

Expressions Dance Alliance

When I started college, I knew I could not give up dance, something I invested so much time in, and was so passionate about since the age of three. At the club fair during my freshman year, I found Expressions Dance Alliance. I had done some research on dance companies at Fordham, and had stumbled across Expressions' YouTube channel (which you can find below), but was not sure if it would be the right fit for me. Little did I know that Expressions would grant me the opportunity to dance and to choreograph in all the styles that I love. Additionally, it would also go unto being the perfect time commitment and intensity, while also providing me with the best friendships I have made thus far at Fordham!

Shot taken from this year's photoshoot!

Expressions Dance Alliance is Fordham's dance company that performs contemporary, jazz, hip-hop, ballet and tap dance. Expressions holds auditions at the beginning of both the Fall and Spring semesters, where we look for fresh talent to add to our company!


Company members rehearse anywhere from 5-10 hours a week in preparation for our shows, one in the fall and one in the spring. The shows are usually held in Collins Auditorium, where dancers can utilize the stage and lighting to put on a professional-looking performance. This fall's performance, entitled "Gold," will be held on November 20th and 21st at 8pm - an event sure not to miss! Audience members will be bopping and cheering in their seats as dancers grace the floor with everything from fun, feel-good jazz numbers, to serious and emotional contemporary pieces. Can't make it to our fall show? Check out our other dazzling dancers, performance groups, and school-wide fundraisers like "Up Til Dawn," "Fordham's Dance Marathon," and ASILI's "Taste the World."

Want to see more Gold? Come to Collins on 11/20 - 11/21!
Written by: Katherine Kelly 

No comments:

Post a Comment