Monday, November 14, 2016

Weekend Update



Brendan Batcheller, GSB '18
"My weekend began with a trip to the Top of the Rock at 30 Rockefeller Center, as the leader of a FlipSide program. We brought twenty students down to take in the beautiful scenes of New York City at night. On Saturday, I went down to Yankee Stadium to watch the Ram-Crusader Cup. The weather was a bit chilly but it was overall a great game and a fantastic atmosphere. Sunday was spent laboring over the sophomore Gabelli Consulting Cup challenge with my five teammates, as we prepare for our final presentation."
Sammuel Kim, GSB '19
"During my weekend, I went to the wonderful, under-looked borough of Queens. Queens is one of the most diverse areas in the whole United States of America, and houses some of the best food. I went to a great Korean BBQ place called, "Kang Ho Dong Baekjeong." For dessert, I went to 10Below to get some Thai Ice Cream. Queens has some great food, and I would highly recommend that everyone visits at least once!"

Liesel Judas, GSB '19
"Climbing the stairs of the shuttle bus packed with Fordham students, I felt the electric energy in the air as we drove towards Yankee Stadium for the Ram-Crusader Cup. My friends and I joined the sea of Rams in the bleachers to cheer our football team on to a stunning 54-14 victory! Once again, Fordham proved triumphant in the Bronx, retaining the Ram-Crusader trophy! #gorams"


Laura Lynch, FCRH '18
"This past weekend, Fordham hosted the "Ram-Crusader Cup," a matchup between two Jesuit powerhouses, Holy Cross and Fordham University.  The game, which was free for students, took place at Yankee Stadium in the Bronx.  Fordham topped Holy Cross 54-14, but the game was nonetheless an enjoyable day for fans of both teams, as Fordham and Holy Cross students and their family members congregated at the stadium.  I attended the game, and to my excitement, many of my own family members- Holy Cross Alumni and present students, as well as others who wanted to join in on the festivities- came for a visit.  In the student section, Fordham pride was shining across the bleachers on T- shirts, flags, and with the Fordham band.  Overall, the crusader cup was an energetic, buzzing event.  Hopefully, Fordham can continue the tradition throughout years to come."


No comments:

Post a Comment