Monday, February 4, 2013

Fordham Off-Campus

It's no secret that living in New York City has its perks. All five boroughs have a lot to offer, but some of the best times I've had in college have taken place right in our neighborhood.  Day or night, the immediate area surrounding Fordham is culturally rich and always full of fun surprises. 


Fordham's Neighborhood. 

Because I live a few blocks from campus, a lot of my time is spent in the residential area surrounding Fordham, a neighborhood called Belmont-- also referred to as Little Italy. There is everything that I could ever want or need in the blocks that surround my campus and my apartment. As a Fordham student you'll be able to utilize all that off-campus life has to offer, no matter if its running to the bank, grocery store, dry cleaner, or treating yourself to cappuccino, local nightlife, or the best italian food out there (apologies to my two VERY italian grandmothers). 
My roommates and I outside our apartment. 

If you keep exploring the area you're likely to find yourself at the Bronx Zoo, the New York Botanical Gardens, a branch of the New York Public Library, or at the Paradise Theater-- all of which are within a ten minute walk from any dorm on campus. 
Make a visit!

I think what's most important to note about off-campus life at Fordham is that it is a safe place to call home. Saturated with native New Yorkers and Rams alike, the Belmont community welcomes off-campus exploration with open arms, making the transition from home-- wherever that may be-- to New York City easy. 

1 comment:

  1. A great campus, seems to be real interesting to find in Fordham and also beautifully situated a t a great location.
    extended stay hotels for students in NY

    ReplyDelete