Sunday, February 10, 2013

Sign up for sports!!


One of my worries when leaving for college was whether or not I would be able to  continue playing sports. I wanted to stay fit and definitely did not want to gain the infamous freshman 15! Playing sports was also a big part of my life in high school, and I didn't want it to end. I knew that varsity college level sports were way out of my league and I figured I would just have to throw in the towel. Luckily, I was wrong.
At Fordham, not only are there tons of sports to choose from, but there's also different levels of experience and competition based on your preference. For all those who still have the drive to bury the other team by a couple hundred points, then choosing a varsity or club team is the way to go. However, if you just want to continue playing your sport simply for fun (as I did), then picking an intramural team is the best thing for you. One of the things I look forward to most during the week is putting on my cleats and getting back on the field. When I started, I had no problem fitting right in with everyone and made a bunch of new friends very quickly. I love it!
There's also so many different sports to choose from and the best part is that you can do anything you want! Is there any sport you wish you could have played? I am sure we have it here. Currently my friends and I are thinking about starting our own dodge ball team. I have never played dodge ball before but I know it's going to be a blast.
So don't worry, if you don't want to stop playing sports, there is something for you! If anything, the problem will be trying to decide if the amount of teams you signed up for will be manageable! Whatever you choose, you can be sure that you will love every second of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment