Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Internship in NYC!

     One of the many great things about Fordham is its accessibility to many amazing job and internship opportunities in Manhattan. Through the Career and Internship Fair, I found my internship for this semester at Busted Halo, an online magazine for young adult mission and ministry. At my internship, I am gaining hands-on experience in the online publishing industry while being able to dig deeper into my own spirituality.
     Busted Halo is located on West 59th Street--only a block away from Fordham's Lincoln Center campus!  Through the Career Services office, I was able to receive academic credit as well as free Ram Van passes. As an editorial intern, I research ideas for articles to be published on the website, upload videos and podcasts, and run Busted Halo's Pinterest account. Therefore, I am not just a stereotypical intern who just runs around and gets coffee and picks up dry cleaning a la Andie Sacks in The Devil Wears Prada! I am as fully immersed in the makings of an online magazine as the editors and directors are, which gives me great experience that I will take with me when I seek out full-time jobs after graduation. In addition, through Oscar pools (which I won!), Fish Fry Fridays during Lent, and other fun activities, the office is a warm, welcoming community that is the perfect balance of hard work and fun.


On a side note, Fordham's Relay For Life event is this Friday, April 12th. It will be a great night of fundraising, great food, and showing our support for cancer victims. Please check out http://www.relayforlife.org/FordhamUniversityNY for more information and to make a donation to the event. We are trying to reach a goal of $30,000!


No comments:

Post a Comment