Monday, April 15, 2013

Spring Preview

On Sunday, April 14th, thousands of prospective students flocked to Fordham University for one last chance to see what the Rams have to offer before they decide on what college to attend in the fall.  This year's Spring Preview saw an increase in the amount of people that came to visit our campus.  Over 30,000 prospective students and families participated in campus tours, Father McShane's presidential speech, and various panels and lectures offered around campus.

It was a beautiful day here in the Bronx, and the Rose Hill Society, Fordham's student tour guides, encouraged everyone with an Instagram account to take photos around campus and upload them with the hash-tag #FordhamSP for Spring Preview.  Over 250 photos were uploaded using this hash-tag with some showing our gothic-style buildings like the residential hall Queens Court, or Fordham's very own "student beach" Edward's Parade, which is more commonly known as Eddie's.
A student studies outside Queens Court, a freshmen residential hall

Students are seen here enjoying a beautiful spring day on Eddie's

As the final deadline for deposits nears, I am reminded of four years ago when I was in the same position as these prospective students.  I had already submitted my deposit before my Spring Preview, and when I came to visit that one last time, I was completely confident with my decision.  Fordham has so many wonderful things to offer--whether it be our beautiful campus, our proximity to New York City, our amazing campus-wide activities, or our fantastic and friendly student body, there is something for everyone.  I look back on my four years here with a huge smile and know every day that I made the right choice to attend Fordham University, and I would do it all over again if I had the chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment