Friday, October 18, 2013

Great Eats in NYC: PJ Clarke's

Family Weekend was a few weeks ago, and I was excited to take my parents to one of my favorite restaurants in Manhattan, PJ Clarke's. Located just down the street from Fordham's Lincoln Center campus, PJ Clarke's has been frequented by many famous New Yorkers, whose pictures can be viewed all over the restaurant. I first dined there while on a trip to the opera with my high school; when I began my college career, it turned into my go-to place whenever I am looking for a delicious burger in the Lincoln Center area.

My parents have heard a lot about the restaurant (my dad was drawn to it because he read that Mickey Mantle from the Yankees used to dine there often) and were definitely not disappointed! We were seated immediately at a great table near the window that faced the Lincoln Center for the Arts. After browsing the American-style menu, we opted to start by sharing two appetizers: the braised short rib spring rolls (a strong recommendation from me, as my boyfriend and I always order these) and the parmesan-crusted tater tots. The spring rolls were, as always, to die for! The meat just melts in your melt, and the horseradish dipping sauce adds another burst of flavor. The tater tots were also addicting!

                                    Short-rib spring rolls--do not leave without ordering these!
                                       
For the main course, my mom and I had one of their famous bacon cheeseburgers. We both agreed that we had just tasted one of the most delicious burgers in NYC! The meat and bacon were both cooked perfectly and were so fresh. My dad opted for the chicken pot pie, which he also raved about (so much that I didn't snag a bite!).

All in all, I highly recommend PJ Clarke's to anyone looking for a great restaurant near Lincoln Center. WIth good service, delicious food, and prices that won't break a college student's bank completely, you cannot go wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment