Thursday, November 28, 2013

Being Thankful for Fordham

Every year for Thanksgiving at my house, we go around the room and tell each other all of the wonderful things we are thankful for. Overdone and cheesy, I know, but tradition is tradition. This year, I couldn't help but be thankful for my amazing school, Fordham. I'm thankful for all of my great and interesting classes and all of the things I've learned in them. I'm thankful for the excitement of New York City that I am fortunate enough to have right in my backyard. And most of all, I'm thankful for the caring people that I am surrounded by everyday in the Fordham community. 

I'm extremely thankful for my wonderful Fordham friends!

But it's always nice to come home and be around family, especially since I'm from Texas, and I don't get to come home that often. I always envy the people who live in the tri-state area because they usually take a train home, which means that they don't have to deal with airport security, flying, and baggage check. Fordham, however, makes at least one portion of the flying process much easier. During school breaks, the Ram Van has a shuttle service to and from LaGuardia Airport and JFK airport that is open to all students. The ride is usually only 30 minutes and it costs $20, which is much cheeper than a cab. They help you with your bags and drop you off right at your terminal. I've used it so many times, and I can proudly say that I am definitely thankful for the Ram Van. 

Even on a rainy day, the Ram Van is there to make sure we all make our flights home!

Spending time with my family and loved ones this Thanksgiving has been perfect, and a much needed break. We all spend time together cooking and baking in the morning, watch the parade, and then we eat and watch football, like every good Texan family should. We think about the year we've had while we eat too much, laugh too much, and talk too much. 
I always enjoy getting to come home and relax a little bit, but I know that once this turkey coma wears off, I'll be ready to be back in New York at my wonderful school!


Celebrating Thanksgiving with all my loved ones in Texas!

So from everyone here at Fordham, we would like to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving and a Happy Hanukkah! 

No comments:

Post a Comment