Tuesday, November 25, 2014

NYHS Internship in the City


At Fordham, students love taking advantage of all the opportunities New York City has to offer. In addition to all of the fun activities the city has to offer, there are also tons of internships for students to participate in throughout the year. Most Fordham students are able to balance classes with an internship and usually begin internships their junior year. So many of my friends have had really interesting and fun internships, like at the United Nations, Late Night with Seth Meyers, and Dylan’s Candy Bar, just to name a few!


NYHS is in a beautiful building on the Upper West Side 
This past semester I had the chance to intern at the New York Historical Society.  The New York Historical Society is located on the Upper West Side along Central Park.  I spent my internship working in the development office working on membership, funding, and events.  I really enjoyed my time at my internship, learning and gaining experience.  Some perks of working at NYHS, in addition to gaining “real world” experience, was its great location, and getting to take advantage of working in a museum, like seeing new exhibits and getting discounts at different museums throughout the city. 

Here is a view in Central Park where I used to take my lunch break

As the semester comes to an end, I’m now in the process of looking for another internship for next semester. The Office of Career Services provides several resources that help students find exciting and engaging internships to enhance their time at Fordham!
Blog by: Anna Romagnoli

No comments:

Post a Comment