Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Studying Abroad in Madrid

A beautiful Madrid sunset
In addition to Fordham’s Study Abroad Programs, the Office of Study Abroad can connect you with other universities to find a program that fits your specific interests. I’m majoring in Communications and Media Studies, and I’ve always wanted to visit Madrid. The Study Abroad office recommended Syracuse University's Madrid Institute, where I could take a Travel Writing course which counted toward my Communications major. For 2 months, I was immersed in local language and culture, living with a host family, exploring the city, and strengthening my Spanish-speaking ability.

The Rose Garden at Parque Retiro

Studying abroad was one of the most rewarding experiences for me. In my travel writing class, I interviewed locals for stories and investigated the hidden treasures of the city in addition to the major tourist attractions. Some of my favorite memories include walking through the rose gardens of Parque Retrio, seeing Claude Monet’s paintings at the Museo Thyssen-Bornemisza, meeting up with my friends after class at tapas bars, trying to find the best churros and chocolate in the city, and watching a Flamenco show. On the weekends, I traveled to other parts of Spain including Segovia, Córdoba, Sevilla, and my favorite - Barcelona. If you’re interested in studying abroad, Fordham can help you find a program that you’ll love!

1 comment:

  1. Usually I do not read post on blogs, but I would like to say that this write-up very forced me to try and do it! Your writing style has been surprised me. Thanks, very nice article.
    Study Abroad Consultants in Chennai

    ReplyDelete