Friday, January 20, 2017

Gabelli Dual Degree: My Experience at Fordham Lincoln Center!

As a current undergraduate senior at Fordham's Gabelli School of Business at Rose Hill, I have had many unique opportunities to further my education in business. From internships, to case competitions, to consulting projects, there has never been a dull moment for me at the Gabelli School of Business. Now that I am entering my final undergraduate semester, the time has come for me to explore new opportunities the Gabelli School has to offer for its seniors. 
Fordham's Gabelli School of Business at
Lincoln Center is newly renovated!

This semester, I was accepted into the Gabelli School of Business Graduate Business School. Since I am currently a senior Applied Accounting and Finance major, I had the opportunity to apply to begin my graduate education early in order to get a head start on earning my additional credits to take the Certified Public Accountancy (C.P.A.) licensing exams. By creating the opportunity for Fordham undergraduates to get a head start in graduate school, Fordham makes it super easy for accounting majors to get their required C.P.A. credits and sit for their licensing exams! Taking a few graduate classes in addition to my remaining undergraduate classes this semester will allow me to better prepare myself for my career as a C.P.A.. 
Beautiful views from the hallways and
classrooms of the business school!
Fordham's Graduate Business school is located on the university's beautiful Lincoln Center campus on W 60th Street in Manhattan. Taking classes at Lincoln Center has been an amazing experience so far! The graduate business school is a beautiful learning environment, and the Lincoln Center campus is filled with exciting activities. It is very easy for students who live on the Rose Hill campus to take classes at the Lincoln Center campus, and vice versa. When I signed up for my classes at Lincoln Center, I was given free passes to take the campus shuttle (The "Ram Van") from my apartment on the Rose Hill campus straight to the Lincoln Center campus for class! 

View from inside of the Gabelli School of Business at Lincoln Center
I am so lucky to be a part of a learning community that dedicates itself to helping its students succeed in their careers, and supports students professionally and academically. I am so excited to be taking graduate business classes at Fordham Lincoln Center this semester, and to continue my graduate education as a Fordham Ram! 


No comments:

Post a Comment