Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

Since Thanksgiving is coming up, I thought it would be a good time to talk about the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Last year, my family and I spent part of our Thanksgiving Weekend watching the annual Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. There were a ton of performers, dancers and floats. Certain roads in the city were closed, and New Yorkers would all come out together to watch. It was a great experience! The floats reminded me a lot of the television shows I used to watch not too long ago. My younger relatives would shout "hey look it's Spongebob." while I would daydream and recall the times when I was in their shoes.
If you haven't been to the parade, then it's time that you check it out! This year it will be held on the 28th of November starting from 77th Street and Central Park West, all the way to Macy's Herald Square. The parade is sure to be a blast! I tend to think of it as a grown-up Disneyland, but you're free to think of it as a concert, carnival, or whatever you wish! 

Only 30 days to go. I hope to see you there!


No comments:

Post a Comment