Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Do We Go to the Met? You Bet!

One of the greatest parts about attending Fordham University is going on adventures to Manhattan. This weekend, my roommate and I decided to go to one of our favorite New York City hotspots: The Metropolitan Museum of Art. My roommate had to complete a scavenger hunt in the museum for one of her history classes, so we used this scavenger hunt as a way to explore the Met on a whole new level. 


One of the many rooms in the Met that had artwork
based on ancient Greek culture 
The museum is very large, so it was impossible to see the entire building in one day. However, my roommate knew exactly where to go for her scavenger hunt because of what she learned in her history class at Fordham. Because of her knowledge of ancient Greek history, we got to see all of the fascinating Greek statues and artwork that the Met had to offer. I cannot wait to visit the Met again, so that I can see another one of the many types of art that the museum houses.

The statues in this part of the Met were so majestic! 

Many of Fordham's history, philosophy, and theology classes have assignments that require students to visit a museum or a place in Manahattan for an assignment. Like my roommate's Greek history class, Fordham classes allow students to explore our wonderful campus: New York City. I am so glad that Fordham encourages students to adventure to different places in New York City. The city really is our campus, and we are able to learn and experience so much because we live right in the middle of it. 

This is a picture of me in the Met, ready to live by Fordham's
mantra and explore my New York City campus

No comments:

Post a Comment