Thursday, October 29, 2015

A Midterm-Taker's Guide to the Perfect Study Break

Any college or high school student knows how stressful the mid-to-late October stretch is in the Fall semester. It's when tests, projects, papers and quizzes start to build up and stress is at an all-time high. As a pre-med student, I know just how hard this time of the year is, but I try to take time out of studying to relax and rejuvenate. I think it's important to take some time for yourself while also focusing on your studies! These are some study breaks I've taken this midterm season, and I encourage everyone should try to take a little time off as well!
My favorite study break involves my favorite pastime: eating! New York is one of the culinary capitals of the world, so my friends and I love to take advantage of the amazing food that we can find in our area. Arthur Avenue is a Fordham favorite, so we always like to explore the restaurants and bakeries around the area. Cannolis from Madonia Bakery on Arthur are one of my favorite treats if you ever want to "treat yo' self!" My friends and I also love to go to brunch in the city. Last week we went to Jack's Wife, Frieda in Soho. I would definitely recommend it!

Brunch from Jack's Wife, Freda in Soho
In the city that never sleeps, there are infinite things to do. My friend, Matt, and I found out that our favorite Instagram dog celebrity, Marnie the Dog, was having a meet and greet in Greenwich Village. We decided to take some much deserved time off from studying and go. We got to meet Marnie and take a picture with her, which was so much fun!

Matt, Marnie the Dog and I!
Although midterms is a stressful time of the year, it's still very important to take time to yourself, explore the city and enjoy the beautiful fall foliage (especially before the winter!).

No comments:

Post a Comment