Saturday, October 15, 2011

How fast are your dreams?


Last week for the Fordham girls cross country team’s dreams lasted only 20 minutes. At the Metropolitan Cross Country Championships at Van Cortlandt on October 7th the team finished an impressive 4th place with a team average of 19:18. With nearly every member of the team individually setting a new personal record, it seemed no one could hold back their smiles on the van ride back to campus.


For myself, a sophomore member of the girls’ team, the meet will certainly be one of the most memorable moments of my running career. There is nothing better than the rush you feel when you cross the finish line and realize your time was a new personal best. Being able to celebrate my own personal achievement along with all of my teammates made the feeling that much stronger.


The girls’ team consists of 21 runners who all share a passion for running. While running nearly 50 miles a week can be quite challenging, the team works together and helps push each other to perform to the very best of our abilities. Being a member of the cross country has made my Fordham experience that much better. While at first, I was hesitant about the commitment required to be a part of a Division I sports team, I knew the opportunity was not going to be there forever.


Whether you have a passion for running or a passion for drawing, I encourage you to find ways to get involved while also doing things you love. Fordham has so much to offer its students! So, while you are browsing the Fordham website for information about activities and sports, don’t forget to check out the girls’ cross country team on the athletics page for more season updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment