Thursday, April 11, 2013

From Small Town to City


I grew up in a very small town. Although my high school was a large regional public school, combining two towns, I still felt a little claustrophobic. When I was college shopping, I wanted a place that I had a good group of friends, but also one where I had independence without feeling like big brother was watching. Fordham was the perfect embodiment of this desire.  My freshman year I took part in Urban Plunge, a program I would recommend to any incoming freshman, and within the first few days I had made friends that I know I will have for the rest of my life. Additionally, as a member of the track team, I have a family surrounding me in that sense.
All of that being said, I still feel that I can strike out on my own. I recognize many faces on campus, but definitely not all. When the campus starts to feel small, Fordham students can go to the Lincoln Center campus for class or events, or any other part of the city for that matter. The school is as small or large as you make it. Fordham is a place you can customize to your taste, and that is the reason so many love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment