Friday, February 7, 2014

A Sneak Peek of Senior Year at Fordham

100 Nights Until Graduation!
It’s hard to imagine that my time at Fordham is coming to an end. Looking back on my time here, I could not have been happier with the decision I made four short years ago. From the friends I have made to the classes that have challenged me to the alumni network I have been introduced to, I could not have asked for a better college experience. This June, I will be joining Ernst & Young as an intern in their tax department before completing a Masters of Tax at Fordham Graduate School of Business Administration and beginning to take my CPA exam. While being a senior does mean making decisions about attending graduate school, joining the work force, or making a volunteer commitment, Fordham does also give seniors a chance to enjoy themselves and celebrate graduation!

Once a month senior students are invited to a Senior Night, each with a different theme. During the fall semester the themes included “Childhood Dream Job,” “Animal Kingdom,” and “Santa’s Workshop.” While the themes can be a lot of fun and allow you to really use your imagination when it comes to dressing in costume, I love being able to see everyone I have met in my four years at Fordham. With senior year being very busy and most studying interning multiple days per week it often feels as though you see friends on the train to work or in passing on the way to class but it's so nice that Senior Night brings us all together!

The spring semester will bring more Senior Nights, including one celebrated just last night, “100 Nights Until Graduation.” Everyone was dressed in semi-formal attire and McGinley Ballroom was transformed into the perfect set for an Old Hollywood themed dance. It was fantastic! In addition a few more Senior Nights, we will celebrate Senior Week during the time between the end of finals and Commencement. Senior Week will be very busy with a formal Senior Ball, Parent Appreciation Dinner, and Senior Awards Night before a day of Commencement exercises at Rose Hill!

With 99 nights left until graduation, I am excited to enjoy the rest of my senior year, a bit nervous about what the future holds, but also incredibly thankful for a truly amazing four years at Fordham!


No comments:

Post a Comment