Saturday, February 1, 2014

Rams across the pond!


 Today officially marks my one-month anniversary in London! I can’t believe that I’ve already been studying and living on a different continent for four weeks. Time flies when you are having fun!

The city of London is like New York; a huge public transportation system, endless museums to visit, and any type of food you can find (yes, there is even a Shake Shack and a Chipotle here in London Town).  One thing I love about London is all of the history this city has to offer, especially surrounding the Blitz of World War II.

Of all the sites I have seen, one of my favorite places in London has been the Churchill War Rooms, located up the street from Big Ben. This museum has documents and artifacts on display about the life of former Prime Minister Winston Churchill, but it also a wartime bunker that served as Churchill and his government’s headquarters during the Blitz. The museum is all underground, and the rooms, including a map room, living quarters, and meeting rooms have been virtually untouched since the war ended.


After leaving the museum, I was greeted with a clear sky (it had been raining all day!) great view of Big Ben. Only in London town!





I can’t wait to keep exploring what this city has to offer the next few months!!

No comments:

Post a Comment