Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Be a Tourist for a Day...For Free!

One of the best things about Fordham is that there is always so much happening on and off campus. Last weekend my friends and I received free, yes free, tickets to go to the Top of the Rock Observation Deck in Rockefeller Center through the Campus Activities Board. One of my friends waited online in McGinley Center on the day the tickets were given out just to make sure that we got some. 

Getting to Rockefeller Center from Fordham is incredibly easy by MetroNorth, located right off Fordham's campus. Additionally, since it was a Saturday we only had to pay for a city ticket. Surprisingly, even though I grew up only an hour away from the city my whole life I rarely had the opportunity to sightsee and do all of the touristy things that someone coming to New York for a one time trip would get to do. 

The Top of the Rock Observation Deck was absolutely incredible and unreal. We took an elevator up to the top floor and when we looked out we had the opportunity to see the entire city. Standing on top of the city, I felt so proud to call Fordham my school and New York my campus. 


No comments:

Post a Comment