Monday, October 13, 2014

Dream Internship!

Since I was a freshman, I have been tirelessly working to obtain an internship in the entertainment industry. It has always been a dream of mine to work in New York City for a big media company and help write for or produce a show. And finally, after working at quite a few internships, I finally have an opportunity this fall to work as a development intern with MTV at Viacom.
I want my MTV!
As a development intern, I help organize lists and documents for different special events that my department produces in addition to assisting with various other production duties. I work in the main Viacom building which is located right in the heart of Times Square, so it’s never boring, especially when I get to have lunch outside on the seventh floor terrace that overlooks Broadway. Also, my commute is only a short Metro North train and a quick subway ride away, so getting to work is simple and stress-free.

Eating lunch on the terrace overlooking Times Square!

I have wanted to get an internship like this for a very long time, and I would truly not have been able to do it without the help of Fordham’s Career Services. They helped me set up and format my resume and cover letter and offered advice on how to make them better. Living in New York City and having the expertise and generosity of Career Services makes getting a dream internship possible!
The view from my desk!

No comments:

Post a Comment