Monday, October 6, 2014

Study Abroad: finding the right fit for you!

I know that when looking at schools, study abroad is a big factor for a lot of kids. I know that every tour I went on, without fail, at least one person would ask about study abroad programs.

Coming to Fordham, I knew that I wanted to study abroad, but I just wasn’t sure what program was right for me. I convinced myself that a semester was what I wanted and planned for that. As the date approached, I became nervous and when I sat down with my parents to talk about it, I realized that 4 months was too long for me personally. At first I was upset, thinking that study abroad was now completely off the table. I made an appointment with the study abroad office, and my experience with them was great! They assured me that there were still other options, and I could still get the study abroad experience without going for a semester.

Fordham offers 4 programs in 3 cities. There is a Fordham London program for both Rose Hill and Gabelli students, a Granada, Spain program, and a Pretoria, South Africa program. The study abroad office is super helpful and gives out regular presentations and information sessions on the different programs offered.


Where am I going, you ask? I’m in between two programs, both in Italy. I’ll either go to Florence or Rome, and I’ve researched two different programs, one in each city and I love both! If a Fordham program isn’t right for you, you can go through another school. I’m super stuck between the two but it’s a good kind of stuck, I know I’ll make a great decision either way! Whether you want to study abroad for a semester, for a summer, or even for a year, Fordham has great programs and the office is super helpful with any questions you may have. Bon voyage!

My roommate Xia Madonis who studied abroad through the Fordham London program!


No comments:

Post a Comment