Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Fordham Ski and Snowboarding Club

Ever since I was a little kid, I’ve wanted to go snowboarding. I had never gotten the opportunity to go during my childhood, and I was always nervous that I wouldn’t be good at it.

But this past weekend, I got to go snowboarding for the very first time, thanks to Fordham’s Ski and Snowboarding Club. The club plans daily trips to popular mountains in the surrounding area for reasonable prices.

Skis and snowboards at Jack Frost

On this particular trip, we went to Jack Frost Big Boulder mountains, which are located in the Pocono Mountains in Pennsylvania. The price for the trip included a lift ticket and a rental, and I paid a fairly cheap price for a whole day on the mountain.


We took a bus down to PA and were able to do whatever we wanted for the whole day. My friend helped me learn how to snowboard and I was able to make it down the hills in one piece! I had a lot of fun, and it made me realize that, even though Fordham is located in New York City, I still have the opportunity to snowboard at some of the best mountains in the country!

No comments:

Post a Comment