Saturday, April 18, 2015

Rams See the Stars! My trip to the Museum of Natural History and Central Park

Since Fordham's Lincoln Center campus is in Manhattan, and its Rose Hill campus is 20 minutes away from Manhattan by train, Fordham students have total access to New York City for fun activities, school projects, service trips, jobs, and internships. When taking classes at both Fordham campuses, it is very common to get opportunities to visit museums and other places in the city for class assignments. Today, I spent the day in the Upper West Side of Manhattan at the Museum of Natural History, and Central Park! My roommate is taking an astronomy class at Fordham College at Rose Hill, and one of her assignments for the semester was to visit the planetarium at the Museum of Natural History. Since I love museums and going into the city, I decided to tag along!

Getting to the museum was very easy, thanks to the trusty Fordham Ram Van shuttle service. The Ram Van transports students from Fordham's Rose Hill campus to its Lincoln Center campus. Since I live on the Rose Hill campus, the Ram Van made it very easy to get to the Museum of Natural History on Manhattan's Upper West Side. The planetarium was very exciting. My roommate was very excited to take the knowledge she learned from her astronomy class, and use it to better understand the exhibits at the museum. Getting homework done is never a chore when the assignment involves taking a trip to Manhattan! 
A sculpture of the Moon at the planetarium
After we were done visiting the planetarium, my roommate and I walked back to Fordham's Lincoln Center campus to catch the Ram Van back to our dorm on Rose Hill. On our way there, we passed through Central Park. It was a beautiful day, and we really enjoyed sitting in the park and walking through Lincoln Center! The classes at Fordham really motivate and encourage students to explore the city, and to use their classroom knowledge in actual places throughout New York. As a current sophomore at Fordham University, I can truly say: Fordham is our school, and New York is our campus.
Central Park is always a beautiful spot for a walk!
This is my last blog of the school year! I really enjoyed my first year as a Fordham student blogger, and I cannot wait to get back in the saddle next year for more blog entries! Thank you so much for reading, and stay tuned for next semester! 

1 comment:

  1. Kaitlyn, I really enjoyed reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete