Monday, April 11, 2016

Class in the City

One of the many benefits of going to school in New York City is getting to take interesting classes that encourage you to take advantage of the Big Apple!

My favorite class I am taking this semester is Theater Journalism. We learn from actual professionals who work in the Broadway community about how to write and report on theater in a variety of ways. As part of the class, we are required to see three shows this semester, and since I am a HUGE fan of seeing shows, this only gave me an excuse to see some of the newest and best productions of the season.

Outside the Broadway Theatre on 53rd Street!
In fact, my professor got us free tickets to see the latest revival of the classic musical “Fiddler on the Roof” at the Broadway Theatre. This production absolutely blew me away and brought me to tears. It is extremely difficult to get tickets to see the show and I’m so happy that I got to see this as part of my homework.


Sitting in the orchestra!
And, later this semester, a Broadway performer will be coming into class for an interview, which is something I cannot wait to do. I am so thrilled that I chose to take a class this semester that takes one of my biggest passions and makes it a fun and fascinating class that is both challenging and educational. I love taking classes that involve taking advantage of the city and will miss this the most about Fordham after I graduate in May.

No comments:

Post a Comment