Thursday, December 22, 2011

How to Spend $0-$14 in NYC: Bryant Park Ice Skating


With Christmas right around the corner, and finals finally being over, my roommates and I decided to take a nice little trip to the Holiday Shops at Bryant Park. Artisans from every category of goods--food, jewelry, body products, bags, and more-- have great mini-stores to showcase all of their products. It's a fun way to window shop at an alternative to the metropolitan vibes of 5th avenue.

After some window shopping, my friends and I (on a whim!) decided to give a try at the Citi Pond, an ice skating rink located in the center of the park. To our surprise, rentals for skates were only $14 + tax -- and if you had your own skates, you could skate the rink for FREE. Yes folks, I had found one of my new favorite (and cheap) holiday season destinations. There is no charge for time on the ice, and you can stay as long as you'd like. It reignited my youth-desires of being a figure skater extraordinaire, inspired me to add ice skates to my Christmas list (a decent pair can be had for around $50), and every week until Feb. 26 when the pond closes, this girl will be walking down to Bryant Park for free skating sessions.
At the Citi Pond!

In time, my skates will be paying for themselves, and I'll get to enjoy a no-charge time on the ice. How cool is that? Ice cool (couldn't resist the pun).

No comments:

Post a Comment