Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Ram Van Fan!


Fordham students love the Ram Van.  It’s a well-known fact here on campus that you can get to and from Lincoln Center for only $3, and for free if you are taking classes at both campuses, which many students choose to do!  Ram Van also employs students on campus, whether or not they have work-study.  That’s where I come into the picture.  I am an overly enthusiastic employee of Ram Van.  I am, in essence, a Ram Van fan.

Everyone in the Ram Van office is beyond friendly, and we all love what we do.  I work three days a week, driving eight 2-hour shifts, but my favorite time to work is on Saturday mornings.  Saturday mornings, you say?  No, I’m not crazy – I, too, was less than thrilled about it when I got to the office at 7:45 that first Saturday morning.  But I quickly fell into a routine.  After my first run, I always come back to the office with breakfast sandwiches from the breakfast truck (a hidden gem that parks across the street from the Lincoln Center campus), and my co-workers/friends and I enjoy our breakfast before I have to drive again.  Since there is only one van that runs on weekend mornings, and the traffic isn’t usually too bad, I can also go to the Starbucks down the block and get my seasonal latte of choice, whether it’s pumpkin spice in the fall or peppermint for the winter months!

Passengers waiting in the Ram Van office, located in the basement of the parking garage
(Photo from theramonline.com)

Despite the traffic and the occasional unhappy passenger, Ram Van is an unbeatable place to work, and we’re just all one big Ram Van Fam(-ily)!

No comments:

Post a Comment