Sunday, February 10, 2013

A Snow Day at Fordham


Due to the mild weather last winter I had never seen Fordham in the snow until Friday when we got about 8 inches of snow at the Rose Hill Campus. Due to the impending storm, classes were cancelled on Friday, and everyone knows what that means: Snow Day!

My friends and I stayed in and watched the snow pile up Friday night. We went to the cafeteria, got hot chocolate, and watched movies in the room. It was such a classic winter night with the snow falling outside while being cozy and warm inside! By Saturday morning the snow had finished falling so we decided to walk around campus. We found an impressive snow fort on Eddies’ (the main green on campus), in addition to many snowmen on other greens in front of dorms and other buildings around Rose Hill. My roommate and I attempted making our own snowman in the afternoon while our friends went into the city to go sledding in Central Park.

Even before it snowed, there are so many different things to do in the city and around campus during the winter. My friends and I kicked off the semester by going ice skating in Bryant Park in midtown Manhattan. We also go to the basketball games on campus in the Rose Hill Gymnasium to cheer on the team. Whether there is snow on the ground or not, having so many activities make the cold winter months a lot more exciting!

This a picture my friend took of Keating Hall (one of our academic buildings) and Eddie's (the main green on campus) Saturday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment