Tuesday, February 12, 2013

I must say that Fordham’s plethora of clubs and organizations can be a bit overwhelming, but once you can zero in on what really interests you, getting involved is a great way to meet other rams with similar goals and interests. To be honest, I did not think I could commit to one more thing, but when I heard about Fordham Nightly News, more affectionately known as FNN, I knew I had to give it a shot.
It is my professional dream to work as a producer for a broadcast television network, and FNN gives me the opportunity to learn all about the broadcast media industry. As the financial reporter, every Tuesday I have to submit my script for that night’s show. At 5:00 I have to report to the studio to get a quick mic check, teleprompter check, and go live at 5:30. With FNN, I go through the motions of a real reporter, and get to experience the adrenaline of being on a live television show. It is definitely not without its flaws, but I have learned to expect the unexpected and to respond to any curveballs that are thrown my way at just a moment’s notice.
So get involved! Whether you choose FNN or one of the hundreds of other organizations at Fordham, it will make your time here even more rewarding. Despite the nerve-wracking moments, every Tuesday evening is full of laughs at FNN. Even though I only just started with the show, it has solidified my professional ambitions and I have met new friends with whom I can share those dreams.
Check out live feed of the show any weekday at 5:30 p.m.


No comments:

Post a Comment