Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Tuesday Evening at the Highline

Yesterday, my friends and I decided to go to the Chelsea Highline!  After a long day of classes and lectures, we decided we deserved and relaxing evening.  One of the many benefits of attending Fordham University is its proximity to the city.  In just 25 minutes, you can go from being on a beautiful, secluded, green campus, to being in the heart of Manhattan.  Once we arrived in the city, we took the 1 train to Chelsea Highline.  The Highline is a gorgeous walking trail which features spectacular views of the city, modern architecture, and beautiful plants and streams.

Tested out the panorama setting on my phone... success!



After walking along the high line and chatting for a while, we decided to stop along the side to watch the sun set.  It was beautiful!  It made me reflect on how lucky I am to be a Fordham student.  In high school on a random Tuesday night, I would be at home, completing homework and watching Netflix under the covers.  Now, here I am in New York City, watching the sun set and enjoying the city with my best friends.  After watching the sun set, we decided to go out to dinner together!  We went to a delicious restaurant called The Meatball Shop.  They are only located in NYC, so if you are in the area, I highly recommend you check them out.  Here, I had a meatball sub on fresh focaccia bread with a garden salad... yum!  After, we all had one of their signature ice cream sandwiches which was a great ending to the day.


I would call this Tuesday a success!  Although not all of my Tuesday evenings are as fun and eventful as this one was, I am blessed to have the opportunity to go to amazing places with great people when I have free time!







No comments:

Post a Comment