Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Weekend Update

Beautiful decor in Ed's Chowder House
Caroline McCue

This weekend I made time to meet my grandparents in the city and meet them for lunch in Lincoln Center!  One of the best parts of Fordham is its proximity to Manhattan!  I hadn't seen my grandparents since Easter, so it was awesome to reunite with them!  We went to a great restaurant about 5 minutes away from the Lincoln Center campus called Ed's Chowder House.  It is on top of the Empire Hotel and is absolutely gorgeous!  Here, I had their signature clam chowder and a side Caesar salad.  Seafood always reminds me of my home of Massachusetts, so it was awesome to be able to catch up with them and have a taste of home at the same time.






A lovely night spent in Bryant Park
Allison Misciagno-Bergin

This weekend, it was my friend's birthday and we all went into the city for sushi. It was a nice break from the hectic pace of classes and internships before midterms began. We ended up getting some Ben and Jerry's and sitting in Bryant Park talking for a few hours. It was truly a beautiful sight with amazing friends. It's crazy to that that this park is only 20 minutes away by train from the comfort of my dorm room.





Looking forward to our production of Spamalot
Cerisse Gabion

This weekend was a theatrical one for me. I was recently cast in the ensemble for The Mimes and Mummer's production of Spamalot and we just had our first rehearsal and read-through on Saturday. It was an absolutely hilarious and fun-filled time and I am looking forward to working with my talented cast-mates to put on a great show in November! After that, I attended a Verbal Essences show, one of Fordham Experimental Theatre's umbrella clubs that focuses on Spoken Word performances. To have been in such an intimate environment like the Blackbox Theatre in Collins Hall and being able to listen to some of my peers pour out their emotions in beautiful poetry was a great way to end my Saturday.





Shannon Donovan
Great food, great location

This weekend I went home to spend Columbus Day with my family.  We went out to breakfast at the Irish Coffee Shop on McLean Avenue in Yonkers.  It was great to catch up with them and enjoy a delicious meal.  Just 10 minutes away from Fordham, this is one of the endless food options to explore here!






Caroline Dunn
Enjoyed a great meal and even better company at Dig Inn

I took advantage of Monday’s holiday and went home to Philadelphia for the weekend. I returned to NYC Monday afternoon just in time to meet up with my sister for lunch. She lives on the Upper East Side but works in finance about five blocks away from Grand Central. We tried a new restaurant called, Dig Inn Seasonal Market. Dig Inn is designed in a similar layout to Chipotle in which customers choose the individual components of their meal. The restaurant offers farmer-to-table options that are locally grown and serviced in house. Customers have the option of choosing which proteins they would like served on either a green, like arugula, or a grain, like brown rice. Meals also include a choice or two or three hot or cold sides. Dig Inn’s sides change seasonally, featuring spaghetti squash and pumpkin quinoa for the fall. With most meals costing just $10, Dig Inn is a quick, affordable and healthy spot to grab lunch while in the Grand Central area or near their eight other Manhattan locations.

No comments:

Post a Comment