Monday, March 9, 2015

Weekend Update

Emily Tanner
Last weekend, my friends and I from the Exec Board of the College Democrats went to Washington, D.C. for the College Democrats of America conference. The experience was amazing, and we got to see President Obama speak along with a private tour of the Capitol! While I missed Rose Hill, it was definitely an experience that I'll never forget.
Enjoying the Washington Monument
Emma Eccleston
After the constant snow we have been having here in New York I couldn't have been happier than when I saw this weekend was supposed to be a little warmer! My friends and I took advantage of the nicer weather and decided to spend Sunday in Manhattan! We spent the day walking around, getting some yummy food, and shopping.  We happened to walk right by Dylan's Candy Bar on the Upper East Side and couldn't resist, they have endless delicious treats! It was a great day and definitely made us want spring weather more than ever!
Some of my lovely views for the day

Jessica Timko
This weekend I met some of my friends in the city, and we went to the 9/11 Memorial.  It was such a nice day out, so afterwards we decided to walk along the High Line, which is an elevated set of train tracks that has been converted into a public park on the West Side.  We finished the day by having some delicious dinner in Chelsea Market.
Freedom Tower

Teresa Swindal
This weekend was very relaxing because midterms are almost over! On Saturday, a few of my friends traveled to a doughnut shop called Dough in Flatiron, which is in Lower Manhattan. The donuts were amazing! Then, we shopped in the area and checked out Chelsea Market, which is a collection of unique shops and restaurants. With the weather getting warmer and the snow beginning to finally melt, the atmosphere in the city and on campus at Rose Hill is more exciting than ever!
Delicious chocolate with chocolate nibs donut

Yuliana Veyberman
A lot of Fordham students come from across the country or even from around the world, but if you're like me, you enjoy living just an hour away from campus. I usually take trips back to my house on weekends when I have a lot of studying to do - or when I really crave a homemade meal, like banana toast and some fresh delicious coffee! It's satisfying to know that my family -- my largest support system -- is just a short car ride away.
A great snack from a relaxing day 




No comments:

Post a Comment