Monday, October 26, 2015

Six Flags Fright Fest

A few weeks ago I had the chance to go to Fright Fest through Campus Activities Board (CAB). Since I am on the executive board for CAB, my co chair and I helped organize an event where we were able to take 55 students to Six Flags Great Adventure located in Jackson, New Jersey. Students who attended this trip were able to get free tickets and transportation to and from the park!

Fright Fest is an event Six Flags has been throwing every year for the past 24 years. This event begins on September 19th and ends on November 1st.  Fright Fest includes family-friendly “thrills by day,” and “fright by night” attractions in attempt to provide activities for every visitor. These “fright by night” attractions include scare zones, haunted houses, terror zones, and nearly 200 zombies walking around the park. As I am not a fan of scary things, I was a little nervous to see how my “fright by night” experience would turn out.  
Upon arriving to the park I was surprised at how intensely decorated the park was for Halloween. I guess Six Flags doesn’t call this event Fright Fest for nothing. The main fountain in the front was blood red and there was Halloween decorations all over the park. Since we got to the park around 1 PM the “thrills by day” attractions were in full swing. Although the park was crowded we still got to go on about 7 rides and still have time to get our faces painted. 
Fall Themed Face Paint

However as soon as the clock struck 6 PM people dressed up as zombies, clowns, demons, and other characters began to walk around the park without breaking their character. Although it was very scary seeing these people, I was extremely impressed by their costumes and how well they were able to keep character. Another aspect that added to the “fright by night” attractions was that the park was split into different zones. These zones included a circus filled with scary clowns, an asylum, and a butchery. It truly was frightening!

Although I was scared for most of the time that I was at Fright Fest, I really did enjoy the time I spent there. I had not been to Six Flags for years and it was really great going back and seeing what has changed. That being said, at Fordham there are endless chances to embark on your own adventures with you friends by your side. Whether it be Fright Fest, apple picking, or Times Scare it's important to take advantage of these opportunities to make the most of your time at Fordham!
One of the Fright Fest Actors

No comments:

Post a Comment